2:00 pm – 3:30 pm
From 1st January 2021 the UKCA (UK Conformity Assessed) mark became the new UK product marking for goods being placed on the market in Great Britain (England, Wales and Scotland), with the CE mark (together with UKNI mark) applicable to Northern Ireland.
UKAS and BEIS hosted a webinar on Thursday 25 February at 2pm to clarify the current position to help interested parties fully understand the new landscape. The webinar has been organised with participation from MHCLG and DfT and builds upon the previous BEIS virtual event for Conformity Assessment Bodies held in December.
Why you should attend
- Gain clarity on the new arrangements
- Learn about the latest post-transition issues
What was covered on the day
- Welcome and introduction
- BEIS: Current Status Overview
- Overview of the new regulatory process for the GB & NI markets
- Confirmation on Notified/Approved Body transition including issues identified since 1st January (and mitigation or ongoing actions).
- Clarification on NI Market – Briefly how system works. Introduce purpose of UKNI Mark
- MHCLG & DfT Update
- Update on the process implemented by other Competent Authorities including where process differs from BEIS/OPSS
- UKAS: The role of National Accreditation
- Update on UKAS role and requirements regarding accreditation; confirmation of transition, and recap of accreditation process and requirements for Approved Bodies, introducing GEN 5 Link
If you would like to listen to the webinar again or could not attend, please click below to view the recording. Alternatively click here to download the presentation.