In the last couple of years, a number of new ISO management system standards have been published. To date UKAS has received a few enquiries for accreditation to underpin the related certification activities. As they are new standards UKAS would need to undertake a development project to confirm the applicability of the standard and also to establish a robust and proportionate assessment approach. UKAS is reviewing its current development projects and wants to gauge the level of interest there may be from bodies who want to certify organisations against:
ISO 37301:2021 Compliance Management Systems — Requirements with guidance for use
From this announcement, UKAS will determine the demand and priority for developing accreditation in this area. Therefore, please could you provide feedback to UKAS ([email protected]) by the 28th February 2022. It would also be helpful in the planning if you could provide the following information:
- The number of clients/estimated number of clients you have for (each of) this standard?
- The geographical location(s) where accredited certificates will be issued (solely UK, Solely Europe, Office outside of Europe)?
- The number of non-accredited certificates issued for the standard and into which countries?
- The date by which you envisage your clients being ready for
a. A Stage 1 audit
b. A Stage 2 audit
- Details of how you scope the certifications and please provide some example certificates. This will assist in the development and implementation of accreditation in this potential new area.
Please note that if a development project was established a pilot programme will be required whereby there would be a development fee associated with participation in addition to the normal assessment fees.