In support of the ISO and International Accreditation Forum’s (IAF) encouragement to promote early implementation of accredited certification under ISO 45001: 2018, UKAS commenced its migration programme under ISO/IEC 17021-1:2015 shortly after the publication of the new management system standard. UKAS accredited Certification Bodies (CBs) were invited to participate in an initial tranche of migration assessments during May 2018, which included assessment of changes to CBs systems in line with the approach promoted by IAF.
The initial twenty CBs, listed below, that successfully completed their migration assessment were granted UKAS accreditation to provide ISO 45001:2018 certification on 29th June 2018:
- Socotec Certification United Kingdom Limited
- Steel Construction Certification Scheme Limited
- UK Certification Authority for Reinforcing Steels
- British Assessment Bureau Ltd
- DNV GL Business Assurance UK Limited
- SGS United Kingdom Limited
- Intertek Certification Ltd
- Exova (UK) Ltd trading as Exova BM TRADA
- Bureau Veritas Certification Holding SAS – UK Branch
- Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance Limited
- Independent European Certification Limited
- Alcumus ISOQAR Limited
- BSI Assurance UK Limited
- NQA Certification Ltd
- United Registrar of Systems Ltd.
- GlobalGROUP of Companies Limited
- TUV UK Limited
- ACM Limited
- Advanced Certification Limited
- ACS Registrars Limited Also trading as ICS Registrars
It is important to note that certification to OHSAS 18001:2007 remains valid until the migration deadline of 12 March 2021. At this date any remaining certificates based upon OHSAS 18001:2007 will become invalid.
Interested parties should also be aware of the resolution issued by IAF, stating that accredited CBs are required to migrate their OH&SMS service to the new standard by 12th March 2020, and that their certified clients will need to migrate to ISO 45001: 2018 by the 12th March 2021 deadline. A list of all CBs accredited to provide OHSAS certification can be found within the Directory of Accredited Bodies.
UKAS wishes to thank all the CBs that have participated the migration to date for their cooperation and look forward to working with those yet to migrate as we continue through the remaining full migration programme.
For more information please refer to related Technical Bulletins on the UKAS website.