Overview & Objectives
This practical and highly interactive 2-day course will enable delegates to enhance their knowledge and understanding of what is involved in conducting thorough and effective internal audits through lecture sessions, exercises and a final role-play.
Accredited laboratories have demonstrated that they can conduct an effective internal audit of their business processes, providing full confidence in the quality, reliability and accuracy of tests carried out by calibration or testing laboratories. This gives their clients the confidence in the results they provide and the safety and quality of laboratory practices.
Learning outcomes of this course
By the end of this course, delegates will:
- Understand the purpose of internal auditing in the context of a laboratory complying with ISO/IEC 17025.
- Plan an internal audit programme.
- Design and use an audit proforma effectively.
- Carry out an audit of system elements and a witnessed activity with the opportunity to report back findings
- Risks and Opportunities for Improvements
- Internal Audit Programme Planning
- Preparing an Audit Pro forma
- Audit Principles & Records
- Non-conforming Work & Corrective Actions
- Cause Analysis
- Human Aspects of Auditing
- Reporting Back on the Audit
- Management Review & Reporting Findings to Management
Who should attend
The course is suitable for anyone involved with or interested in the use of internal audits, which could include:
- Quality Managers
- Officers of the Laboratory
Meet the trainers
All UKAS trainers are dedicated professionals with years of practical experience in their specialist areas. Many UKAS trainers have previously worked as Assessment Managers, giving delegates the benefit of their wealth of knowledge.
Having joined UKAS in 20 a 07, Darren ishighly experienced Assessment Manager and Lead Assessor of medical laboratories. Darren has an expert knowledge of the requirements of ISO 15189 and ISO 17043 and how they are interpreted by UKAS. Darren holds a BSc in Microbiology and an MSc in Quality Management and Improvement.
Dates and locations
|26 January 2021 - 29 January 2021||Virtual Training Course|