» The Accreditation Process
Accreditation is an on-going business process rather than a one-off achievement.
If an organisation wishes to be accredited by UKAS and is operating in an area in which we have existing expertise, we will carry out an assessment to establish that:
- the evaluator is impartial;
- the evaluator is technically competent to do the work in question;
- the resources and facilities are appropriate and sufficient for the work;
- the evaluator’s actual performance is to the required standard;
- the evaluator is capable of sustaining the required level of performance.
Click here for a list of the standards that UKAS operates to.
The route to accreditation which sets out the process can be accessed here.