This practical and interactive two-day course will provide delegates within the healthcare sector with the skills and knowledge to design and develop their internal auditing processes.
This course will ensure delegates are aware of the value of having effective evaluation mechanisms in place to consistently deliver technically valid services and examination results to their patients, whilst meeting the requirements of healthcare standards such as IQIPS, QSI and ISO 15189:2012.
The application of the skills, knowledge and tools developed on this course will enhance the delivery of audits to benefit the service users and patients, in turn assisting in the conformance with the requirements of healthcare standards and driving confidence and quality.
Please ensure you read the minimum requirements for this course before booking to attend.
NOTE: the ISO 15189-related content of this course relates to the 2012 version of the standard, as these requirements are relevant to medical laboratory services until accreditation applications to the 2012 version of the standard are closed. This course will support services looking to develop a greater awareness of internal audits in line with ISO 15189:2012 requirements and continue to maintain their accredited services until the commencement of their transition to ISO 15189:2022.
For delegates new to their auditing roles in an accredited medical laboratory, it would be beneficial to undertake this internal audit course to understand the current requirements implemented within their service, followed by the ISO 15189:2022 Transition course to gain an appreciation of the changes and how they may impact on internal audits in medical laboratories.
From May 2023, this course will refer to ISO 15189:2022 standard requirements.
Learning outcomes of this course
By the end of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Apply their knowledge and understanding of auditing principles to a wide variety of situations to allow the design, planning, justification and delivery of internal audits
- Understand how risk & opportunity inform internal audits and non-conformities
- Categorise non-conformity cause, impact and action to address underlying issues
- Undertake a structured preparation for the internal audit process, including feedback to relevant stakeholders
- Relate the value of internal audit reports and well-defined management review to the effective close-out and progression of audits actions
Delegates who attend the course in full will receive a certificate of attendance once their invoice has been settled.
Continued Professional Development (CPD)
The content of this course has been certified by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to continuing professional development principles.
- Risks, Impacts, Opportunities & Improvements
- Internal Audit, Process, Procedure, Output and Value
- Auditing Skills
- Management Review
Who should attend?
Staff that could benefit from this course may include those responsible for:
- Service/organisational management and oversight
- Technical and quality performance of the examination activities
- Those who maintain and support the quality management systems of the services delivered
- Those who manage, coordinate and/or deliver internal audits within the service
Delegates will be required to complete a pre-course exercise that forms part of the course content and are asked to set aside approximately three hours for this.
UKAS Academy virtual courses are usually delivered via the Adobe Connect application. Download links for this free programme can be found within our minimum requirements.
Any additional requirements will be detailed in the joining instructions sent after a booking has been confirmed.
Meet the trainers
All UKAS trainers are dedicated professionals with years of practical experience in their specialist areas. Many UKAS trainers have previously worked as Assessment Managers, giving delegates the benefit of their wealth of knowledge.
|21/06/2023 - 22/06/2023||Ashorne Hill, Leamington Spa||£1125 exc VAT|
|09/08/2023 - 10/08/2023||Virtual course||£1125 exc VAT|
|01/11/2023 - 02/11/2023||Virtual course||£1125 exc VAT|