This practical one-day course provides delegates with existing ISO 15189 experience with the awareness to develop their organisational processes in line with the requirements of point-of-care testing as part of the latest ISO 15189:2022 standard (including Annex A).
This course focuses on the organisational outline and how a point-of-care testing service can be designed to support the demonstration of conformance and competence to the latest ISO 15189 standard.
The course is split into three parts; pre-course preparation and exercise, instructor-led training and post-course activity, with a mandatory requirement for completion of a 3-hour online pre-course module by no later than 1 week before the classroom/virtual instructor-led training. The post-course module is not mandatory but is recommended, as it further expands on other requirements not covered in detail during the trainer-led session.
Please ensure you read the minimum requirements for this course before booking to attend.
Note: This course does not include the full Standard requirements of ISO 15189:2022. If you require an in-depth understanding of the full standard, please see the 2-day ISO 15189 Awareness Training here.
Learning outcomes of this course
By the end of this course, attendees will have:
- The knowledge and skills to structure a quality management system, define the organisational structure and document appropriate responsibilities.
- An increased awareness of the supplementary requirements (Annex A) of point-of-care testing in addition to those of ISO 15189:2022.
- Key knowledge of the concepts for identifying critical aspects of the service, ensuring effective review to assist in conformance with ISO 15189 point-of-care-testing requirements.
Delegates who attend the course in full will receive a certificate of attendance once their invoice has been settled.
- History, risks and reasoning for POCT Standard requirements
- What POCT is (and is not)
- Application, assessment and accreditation
- Explicit references to POCT within ISO 15189:2022
- Additional considerations for defining and documenting your service
- Implementing POCT
- Risks, pitfalls, and trip hazards when providing POCT
Who should attend?
This course is designed for any individuals responsible for, or involved in, the management of services, quality support and/or technical delivery of activities relating to PoCT healthcare providers, which may include:
- Service/Organisation Managers
- PoCT Technical or Operational Managers, Leads and Coordinators
- Quality managers, Coordinators and Officers
Learners will be required to complete a pre-course exercise for this course and are responsible for ensuring that approximately three hours are dedicated to this activity prior to attending the instructor-led session.
NOTE: If the pre-course submission is not completed at least 1 week in advance of the course start date, the learner will not be permitted to access the instructor-led session and the standard terms and conditions of transfer/cancellation will apply.
Learners will need access to the ISO 15189:2022 Standard, either electronic or hard copy. Standards can be purchased from BSI or ISO.
UKAS Academy virtual courses are usually delivered via the Adobe Connect application. Download links for this free programme can be found within our minimum requirements.
Any additional requirements will be detailed in the joining instructions sent after a booking has been confirmed.
Meet the trainers
All UKAS trainers are dedicated professionals with years of practical experience in their specialist areas. Many UKAS trainers have previously worked as Assessment Managers, giving delegates the benefit of their wealth of knowledge.
|15/06/2023 - 15/06/2023||Virtual course||£655 exc VAT|
|24/08/2023 - 24/08/2023||Staines-upon-Thames, Surrey||£655 exc VAT|
|22/11/2023 - 22/11/2023||Virtual course||£655 exc VAT|