» Medical Physics and Clinical Engineering Accreditation
UKAS provides accreditation to the national standard BS 70000 Medical clinical engineering and associated scientific services in healthcare – Requirements for quality, safety and competence.
Currently UKAS accreditation covers the following disciplines :
- Radiotherapy Physics - External Bream treatment planning and quality control of equipment
- Medical Equipment Management – Preventative Planned Maintenance and Repair of medical equipment and Medical Equipment Library.
For more information on the development of accreditation in other areas of Medical Physics and Clinical Engineering please refer to the development webpage.
- Introduction to MPACE accreditation
- The route to accreditation
- Apply for accreditation (note AC 8 is relevant for BS 70000 applications)
- Current Accredited Services (review schedules in Clinical Engineering and Radiotherapy)
- What are the costs of accreditation? (refer to small testing laboratory)
- Government policy on accreditation
- NHSE, NHSI and CQC position on accreditation
- The benefits of accreditation
- Obtaining a copy of BS 70000 (copy rights owned by BSi)
- Peer/Technical Assessor information and application form (how to be part of the UKAS assessment team)
- Accreditation - Delivering patient safety