This practical and highly interactive 2-day course will help delegates understand the requirements and key principles of ISO/IEC 17021-1 and its application to accreditation for various types of certification.
ISO/IEC 17021-1 is the International Standard relating to conformity assessment for bodies providing audit and certification management systems. Certification Bodies that are accredited to this standard have demonstrated impartial and robust quality approaches, proving that certified activity carried out by these organisations can be trusted.
- Learning outcomes of this course
By the end of this course, delegates will have:
- A detailed knowledge of the standard, as delivered by practising UKAS lead assessors.
- The ability to successfully apply the standard to meet the requirements for impartiality, competence, management system auditing and reporting.
- Practical ideas to implement effective processes to deliver audit, certification and recertification services.
- Key topics
- Overview of Management Systems Certification
- Scope, Definitions and Principles
- Organisation and Governance
- Operational Control
- Management of Competence
- Developing a New Certification Scheme
- The Certification Process
- Programme Planning
- Audits and Integration – Programming, Planning, Meeting Objectives and Reporting
- Decision Making
- Management System Requirements
- Who should attend?
The course is aimed at any individual responsible for some aspect of quality and/or technical support activity within their Certification Body. This could include:
- Technical Managers
- Quality Managers, Coordinators and Officers
- ISO/IEC 17021-1 Technical Assessors and Consultants
The fees shown in each of the individual programmes are subject to the following discounts for multiple bookings on the same course:
- Second delegate (5% discount)
- Third delegate (8% discount)
- Fourth and subsequent delegates (10% discount)
- Meet the trainers
All UKAS trainers are dedicated professionals with years of practical experience in their specialist areas. Many UKAS trainers have previously worked as Assessment Managers, giving delegates the benefit of their wealth of knowledge.
- Janet Gascoigne
- Steve Randall
- Kevin Belson
|30/03/2021 - 31/03/2021||Virtual course||£1020 exc VAT|
|16/06/2021 - 16/06/2021||UKAS, Head Office, Staines||£1020 exc VAT|
|04/10/2021 - 05/10/2021||UKAS, Head Office, Staines||£1020 exc VAT|
|29/03/2022 - 30/03/2022||Virtual course||£1020 exc VAT|