This practical and highly interactive two-day course will help delegates understand the requirements and key principles of ISO/IEC 17021-1 and its application to accreditation for various types of certification.
ISO/IEC 17021-1:2015 and its related parts are a series of International Standards or Normative documents relating to conformity assessment requirements for bodies providing audit services and certification of management systems.
Certification Bodies that are accredited to this standard have demonstrated impartiality and competence, to give assurance that certified activity carried out by these organisations can be used with confidence.
Please ensure you read the minimum requirements for this course before booking to attend.
Learning outcomes of this course
By the end of this course, delegates will have:
- An understanding of the requirements of the standard, as delivered by practising UKAS lead assessors
- Knowledge to apply the requirements of the standard including those relating to impartiality, competence and the management system certification process
- Worked in interactive sessions with fellow candidates to help develop their understanding of the requirements through discussion
Delegates who attend the course in full will receive a certificate of attendance once their invoice has been settled.
- Overview of Management Systems Certification
- Scope, Definitions and Principles
- Organisation and Governance
- Operational Control
- Management of Competence
- Developing a New Certification Scheme
- The Certification Process including:
- Programme Planning
- Audits and Integration – Programming, Planning, Meeting Objectives and Reporting
- Decision Making
- Management System Requirements
Who should attend?
The course is aimed at those wanting an awareness of the requirements for the development, operation and maintenance of an accredited Management System Certification Body. This could include:
- Certification Body Operational Personnel
- Technical Managers
- Quality Managers, Coordinators and Officers
- ISO/IEC 17021-1 Technical Assessors
UKAS Academy virtual courses are usually delivered via the Adobe Connect application. Download links for this free programme can be found within our minimum requirements.
Any additional requirements will be detailed in the joining instructions sent after a booking has been confirmed.
The fees shown in each of the individual programmes are subject to the following discounts for multiple bookings on the same course:
- Second delegate (5% discount)
- Third delegate (8% discount)
- Fourth and subsequent delegates (10% discount)
Meet the trainers
All UKAS trainers are dedicated professionals with years of practical experience in their specialist areas. Many UKAS trainers have previously worked as Assessment Managers, giving delegates the benefit of their wealth of knowledge.
|17/01/2023 - 18/01/2023||Virtual course||£1020 exc VAT|
|28/03/2023 - 29/03/2023||Denham Grove, Uxbridge||£1020 exc VAT|
|17/05/2023 - 18/05/2023||Leamington Spa - venue TBC||£1125 exc VAT|
|08/08/2023 - 09/08/2023||Bristol - venue TBC||£1125 exc VAT|
|12/09/2023 - 13/09/2023||Virtual course||£1125 exc VAT|