This practical and highly interactive two-day course will help delegates understand the requirements and key principles of ISO/IEC 17029 and its application to accreditation of Validation and Verification Bodies.
ISO/IEC 17029 is the International Standard for conformity assessment of bodies providing validation and verification services.
Validation/Verification Bodies that are accredited to this standard have demonstrated competent, impartial and consistent quality approaches, proving that the activities carried out by these organisations can be trusted.
Please ensure you read the minimum requirements for this course before booking to attend.
By the end of this course, delegates will have:
- A detailed knowledge of the standard, as delivered by practising UKAS lead assessors
- The ability to successfully apply the standard to meet the requirements for impartiality, competence and operational control
- Practical ideas to implement effective processes to deliver validation and verification services
Delegates who attend the course in full will receive a certificate of attendance once their invoice has been settled.
- The history of ISO/IEC 17029
- Scope, definitions and principles
- Organisation & governance
- Operational control
- Competence criteria and evaluation
- Resource requirements and outsourcing
- Validation/Verification programme, process and planning
- Management system requirements
Who should attend
The course is aimed at any individual responsible for some aspect of quality and/or technical support activity within their Validation/Verification body. This could include:
- Technical managers
- Quality managers, coordinators and officers
- ISO/IEC 17029 Technical Assessors and consultants
UKAS Academy virtual courses are usually delivered via the Adobe Connect application. Download links for this free programme can be found within our minimum requirements.
Any additional requirements will be detailed in the joining instructions sent after a booking has been confirmed.
The fees shown in each of the individual programmes are subject to the following discounts for multiple bookings on the same course:
- Second delegate (5% discount)
- Third delegate (8% discount)
- Fourth and subsequent delegates (10% discount)
Meet the trainers
All UKAS trainers are dedicated professionals with years of practical experience in their specialist areas. Many UKAS trainers have previously worked as Assessment Managers, giving delegates the benefit of their wealth of knowledge.
- Janet Gascoigne
- Gillian Manniex
|02/05/2023 - 04/05/2023||Virtual course||£1125 exc VAT|