This course is delivered by LGC and includes a high level of interaction and tutor support, including breakout sessions.
Please note: The classroom-based course is delivered over three days. The online course is delivered over four days as 8 x 2.5 hr modules starting at 09:30 and 13:30.
Method validation is the process that provides evidence that a test method is capable of producing results that are suitable for a particular application. It is a requirement of the ISO/IEC 17025 and ISO 15189 laboratory accreditation standards and many other sectoral regulations and directives.
Method validation should always be a planned activity. This course introduces the statistics required for interpreting validation data and provides the tools to plan and carry out effective validation studies. There is ample opportunity to practice the principles learned through laptop-based workshops using Excel.
Learning outcomes of this course
This course will help delegates:
- Understand method validation and its requirements
- Select and apply the statistics required during method validation
- Select and use the appropriate types of method validation studies
- Appreciate and understand the link between method validation and measurement uncertainty
- Apply statistical principles through laptop-based workshops.
- Significance Testing T-Tests and the F-Test
- Analysis of Variance (ANOVA)
- Linear Regression
- Building a Validation Protocol
- Performance Parameters, Precision, Bias and Ruggedness
Who should attend?
Anyone seeking to develop their understanding of method validation in the analytical chemistry and related sectors. This might include:
- Quality managers
- Laboratory managers
Training by LGC
This training is delivered by UKAS Training Academy’s training partner, LGC. LGC is an international leader in the laboratory services, measurement standards, reference materials and proficiency testing marketplaces.
The online course is delivered using the Webex Meetings platform which allows a high level of interaction and tutor support, including breakout sessions.
|29/01/2024 - 01/02/2024||Virtual course||£1760 exc VAT|
|19/03/2024 - 21/03/2024||LGC, Teddington||£1760 exc VAT|
|18/06/2024 - 20/06/2024||LGC, Teddington||£1760 exc VAT|
|14/10/2024 - 17/10/2024||Virtual course||£1760 exc VAT|
|03/12/2024 - 05/12/2024||LGC, Teddington||£1760 exc VAT|