This lively and interactive 3-day course is designed to help delegates develop their understanding of how the business and management processes of laboratories can be combined effectively with the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025:2017.
Delegates taking this course will gain robust understanding of the laboratory management requirements of ISO/IEC17025:2017 and be able to identify the various responsibilities for overall laboratory management.
- Learning outcomes of this course
By the end of this course, delegates will:
- Have a basis for deciding which tasks fall within the remit of quality management and technical management roles.
- Be able to identify the various responsibilities for overall laboratory management.
- Understand how effective management controls can be implemented.
- Be confident in planning and implementing a laboratory management system that meets the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025:2017.
- Key topics
- Structural Requirements
- Organisation & Management Structure
- Role Descriptions for Quality Manager & Technical Manager
- Impartiality & Confidentiality
- Laboratory Facilities, Conditions, Equipment and Reference Materials
- Metrological Traceability
- Management of Externally provided services
- Review of Requests, Tenders, and Contracts
- Methods (including Selection, Verification, Validation and Sampling)
- Evaluation of Measurement Uncertainty
- Handling Items
- Ensuring the Validity of Results
- System Documentation and Control of Records
- Reporting of Results
- Risks and Opportunities for Improvement
- Internal Audits & Audit Programme Planning
- Non-conforming Work, Corrective Actions & Complaints
- Management Review
- Who should attend
This course is aimed at personnel from accredited or applicant laboratories who have responsibility for the technical or quality management of the tests or calibrations performed. This could include:
- Laboratory Quality and Technical Managers
- Laboratory Technicians and Supervisors
The fees shown in each of the individual programmes are subject to the following discounts for multiple bookings on the same course:
- Second delegate (5% discount)
- Third delegate (8% discount)
- Fourth and subsequent delegates (10% discount)
- Meet the trainers
All UKAS trainers are dedicated professionals with years of practical experience in their specialist areas. Many UKAS trainers have previously worked as Assessment Managers, giving delegates the benefit of their wealth of knowledge.
- Marla Loughborough
- Frank Smith
- George Sanders
- Louise Sanders
- Daniel Boyland
|19/04/2021 - 21/04/2021||Virtual course||£1350 exc VAT|
|09/08/2021 - 11/08/2021||Vitural course||£1350 exc VAT|
|18/10/2021 - 20/10/2021||UKAS, Head Office, Staines||£1350 exc VAT|
|06/12/2021 - 08/12/2021||Virtual course||£1350 exc VAT|
|21/02/2022 - 23/02/2022||UKAS, Head Office, Staines||£1350 exc VAT|