This lively and interactive three-day course is designed to help delegates develop their understanding of how the business and management processes of laboratories can be combined effectively with the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025:2017.
Delegates taking this course will gain robust understanding of the laboratory management requirements of ISO/IEC 17025:2017 and be able to identify the various responsibilities for overall laboratory management.
Please ensure you read the minimum requirements for this course before booking to attend.
Learning outcomes of this course
By the end of this course, delegates will:
- Have a basis for deciding which tasks fall within the remit of quality management and technical management roles
- Be able to identify the various responsibilities for overall laboratory management
- Understand how effective management controls can be implemented
- Be confident in planning and implementing a laboratory management system that meets the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025:2017
Delegates who attend the course in full will receive a certificate of attendance once their invoice has been settled.
- Structural Requirements
- Organisation & Management Structure
- Role Descriptions for Quality Manager & Technical Manager
- Impartiality & Confidentiality
- Laboratory Facilities, Conditions, Equipment and Reference Materials
- Metrological Traceability
- Management of Externally provided services
- Review of Requests, Tenders, and Contracts
- Methods (including Selection, Verification, Validation and Sampling)
- Evaluation of Measurement Uncertainty
- Handling Items
- Ensuring the Validity of Results
- System Documentation and Control of Records
- Reporting of Results
- Risks and Opportunities for Improvement
- Internal Audits & Audit Programme Planning
- Non-conforming Work, Corrective Actions & Complaints
- Management Review
Who should attend
This course is aimed at personnel from accredited or applicant laboratories who have responsibility for the technical or quality management of the tests or calibrations performed. This could include:
- Laboratory Quality and Technical Managers
- Laboratory Technicians and Supervisors
UKAS Academy virtual courses are usually delivered via the Adobe Connect application. Download links for this free programme can be found within our minimum requirements.
Any additional requirements will be detailed in the joining instructions sent after a booking has been confirmed.
The fees shown in each of the individual programmes are subject to the following discounts for multiple bookings on the same course:
- Second delegate (5% discount)
- Third delegate (8% discount)
- Fourth and subsequent delegates (10% discount)
- Meet the trainers
Readiness Assessment Tool
Start your self-assessment against the expectations of ISO/IEC 17025 and find out how ready you are to apply.
|09/01/2023 - 11/01/2023||Denham Grove, Uxbridge||£1350 exc VAT|