Overview and Objectives
This highly interactive 2-day course provides an understanding of ISO/IEC 17043 – the International Standard relating to conformity assessment in proficiency testing. Proficiency Testing (PT) schemes accredited to this standard have demonstrated robust and impartial quality approaches that can be trusted by the users of these schemes.
This course focuses on understanding and applying the standard to ensure effective scheme design and conformity in an assessment context.
Learning outcomes of this course
- By the end of this course, delegates will:
- Develop the knowledge required to structure quality management systems.
- Be confident to identify critical aspects of their own organisation to ensure conformance with 17043:2010.
- Develop awareness of the association with accreditation requirements of ISO 17011:2017 and the impact of PT provision on other accredited services.
- Have the skills and knowledge to undertake a structured preparation for UKAS application and assessment to support on-going conformance.
- Understand the associations between PT schemes, 17043:2010 and organisations such as UK JWC, NQQAP and international regulatory bodies.
Continued Professional Development (CPD)
The content of this course has been certified by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to continuing professional development principles.
- Scheme Framework
- Sample Preparation
- Importance of Analysis Design
- Fitness for Purpose/Validation of Scheme
- Effective QMS Mechanisms
- Awareness of UKAS Processes
Who should attend
This course is designed for any individuals responsible for, or involved in, the management of services, quality support and/or technical management of schemes relating to PT or External Quality Assurance (EQA) in the following roles:
- Service/Organisation Managers
- PT Scheme Managers, Leads and Coordinators
- Quality Managers, Coordinators and Officers
Meet the trainers
All UKAS trainers are dedicated professionals in their own right with years of practical experience in their specialist subjects. Many UKAS trainers have previously worked as Assessment Managers, giving delegates the benefit of their wealth of knowledge.
Dates and locations
|26 January 2021 - 29 January 2021||Virtual Training Course|
Bookings are closed for this event.