Enhance your understanding of how the organisational processes of physiological services can be improved by meeting the requirements of IQIPS:2023 in this practical and interactive two-day course.
The course includes references to the application of the Standard within Physiology services, outlining some of the critical aspects in IQIPS 2023 v2.1. This course will outline the key areas of the Quality Management System, relevant accreditation considerations involved in the assessment process and other critical areas of the Standard.
This is of particular interest to organisations considering embarking on their accreditation journey and those already accredited who wish to have a more in-depth understanding of the latest version of the Standard. This course will deepen delegate understanding of IQIPS:2023 relating to the competence, quality and accreditation of physiological services.
Please ensure you read the minimum requirements for this course before booking to attend.
Learning outcomes of this course
Delegates will gain a practical understanding of the standard, including how this relates to their roles in the physiological service setting, considering the effectiveness and confidence in service delivery for patients, stakeholders, staff and users.
Those who attend the course in full will receive a certificate of attendance once their invoice has been settled.
- Key areas in the Quality Management System
- Management review
- Personnel; including competence, roles and responsibilities, outsourcing and subcontracting
- Managing non-conforming work, complaints and feedback
- Measurement uncertainty and its role in fitness for purpose
- Internal Audit
- Equipment, calibration and traceability
- Risk management
- Patient experience
Who should attend
This course is designed for any individuals responsible for, and involved in, the quality and/or technical support activities relating to physiological service delivery and effective patient care within their organisation. This could include:
- Service Managers and Leads
- Quality managers, coordinators and officers
- Physiologists and clinical scientists involved in, or looking to develop their careers and understanding around quality and accreditation
- Those responsible for the selection, evaluation and procurement of external and referral services including outsourcing, subcontracting or use of locum/temporary staff.
- IQIPS:2023 Technical Assessors
Delegates will be sent a pre-course exercise before attending and are asked to set aside approximately two hours to complete this.
UKAS Academy virtual courses are usually delivered via the Adobe Connect application. Download links for this free programme can be found within our minimum requirements.
Any additional requirements will be detailed in the joining instructions sent after a booking has been confirmed.
Meet the trainers
All UKAS trainers are dedicated professionals with years of practical experience in their specialist areas. Our UKAS trainers are currently engaged as Assessment Managers, giving delegates the benefit of their wealth of knowledge.
- Laura Booth
- Rebecca Barnett
|24/01/2024 - 25/01/2024||Virtual course||£825 exc VAT|
|17/04/2024 - 18/04/2024||Virtual course||£870 exc VAT|
|10/07/2024 - 11/07/2024||Staines-upon-Thames, Surrey||£870 exc VAT|
|21/01/2025 - 22/01/2025||Virtual coruse||£870 exc VAT|