This interactive, expert-led one-day course provides an introduction to Measurement Uncertainty, enhancing understanding of this essential feature of all tests and calibrations.
Drawing on the experience of more than two thousand testing and calibration practitioners over the years, this course provides delegates with an appreciation of the concept of uncertainty of measurement in both a testing and calibration environment. The course uses a combination of lectures and interactive exercises and demonstrations to take delegates through the process of calculating uncertainties.
Learning outcomes of this course
Measurement Uncertainty (MU) can be used to estimate a range for values that could reasonably, with some defined probability, be attributed to a measured quantity. It is also critical to take account of measurement uncertainty whenever a conformity decision (e.g. pass/fail) is made.
By the end of this course, delegates will:
- Appreciate what uncertainty of measurement is
- Recognise how and when to report MU
- Be able to explain all of this to colleagues
Delegates who attend the course in full will receive a certificate of attendance once their invoice has been settled.
- Measurement Traceability
- The Role in ISO 17025:2017 Testing and Calibration
- Measurement Uncertainty on Certificates and Reports
- Application to Decision Rules
Who should attend?
This course is designed for any individual requiring an understanding of Measurement Uncertainties and how to calculate uncertainty budgets.
This could include:
- Laboratory Quality and Technical Managers
- Lab owners, Directors and Managers
- Non-technical laboratory Staff
- Customers of laboratories, Specifiers and Users
UKAS also offers a more technical course designed for practitioners who need to understand how to create an uncertainty budget that is consistent with the requirements for accreditation. See ‘Measurement Uncertainty for Practitioners’.
The fees shown in each of the individual programmes are subject to the following discounts for multiple bookings on the same course:
- Second delegate (5% discount)
- Third delegate (8% discount)
- Fourth and subsequent delegates (10% discount)
Meet the trainers
All UKAS trainers are dedicated professionals with years of practical experience in their specialist areas. Many UKAS trainers have previously worked as Assessment Managers, giving delegates the benefit of their wealth of knowledge.
|21/03/2022 - 21/03/2022||Virtual course||£595 exc VAT|