This interactive, expert-led three-day course will equip delegates with the knowledge and confidence to create Measurement Uncertainty budgets that conform to the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025:2017 to ensure reported results are traceable.
This in-depth course is designed to deepen delegates’ understanding of the principles and practical applications of Measurement Uncertainty (MU) in a laboratory setting.
Please ensure you read the minimum requirements for this course before booking to attend.
Learning outcomes of this course
By the end of this course, delegates will have:
- A wider consideration of sources that contribute to uncertainty
- A greater understanding of the evaluation and application of MU
- The knowledge and skills to organise uncertainty budgets and present an uncertainty estimate in reports and certificates
Delegates who attend the course in full will receive a certificate of attendance once their invoice has been settled.
- Traceability, Equations & Metrological terms
- Probability Distributions & Statistical Calculations, Central Limit Theorem
- Sources of Uncertainty Including Human Factors
- Evaluation of Uncertainty Budgets, Reporting Results
- Correlated Quantities, Monte Carlo Simulation
- Decisions and Conformity with Specifications
Who should attend?
This course is designed for individuals already managing and/or applying uncertainty within their organisations who require greater awareness of measurement uncertainties and calculation of uncertainty budgets in a practical setting.
This could include:
- Technical managers who manage and evaluate uncertainty
- Technical team members who are part of the evaluation and estimation process
- Practitioners of uncertainty budgets looking to develop their skills and understanding
UKAS also offers an introductory course designed for individuals requiring a fundamental understanding of the principles and concepts of MU. See ‘Introduction to Measurement Uncertainty’.
Delegates will be sent a pre-course exercise before attending and are asked to set aside approximately two hours to complete this.
UKAS Academy virtual courses are usually delivered via the Adobe Connect application. Download links for this free programme can be found within our minimum requirements.
Any additional requirements will be detailed in the joining instructions sent after a booking has been confirmed.
The fees shown in each of the individual programmes are subject to the following discounts for multiple bookings on the same course:
- Second delegate (5% discount)
- Third delegate (8% discount)
- Fourth and subsequent delegates (10% discount)
- Meet the trainers
|10/01/2023 - 12/01/2023||Virtual course||£1350 exc VAT|
|21/03/2023 - 23/03/2023||Denham Grove, Uxbridge||£1350 exc VAT|