This interactive, expert-led 3-day course will equip delegates with the knowledge and confidence to create MU budgets that conform to the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025:2017 to ensure reported results are traceable.
This in-depth course is designed to deepen delegate’s understanding of the principles and practical applications of Measurement Uncertainty (MU) in a laboratory setting.
- Learning outcomes of this course
By the end of this course, delegates will have:
- A wider consideration of sources that contribute to uncertainty
- A greater understanding of the evaluation and application of Measurement Uncertainty
- The knowledge and skills to organise uncertainty budgets and present an uncertainty estimate in reports and certificates
- Key topics
- Traceability, Equations & Metrological terms
- Probability Distributions & Statistical Calculations, Central Limit Theorem
- Sources of Uncertainty Including Human Factors
- Evaluation of Uncertainty Budgets, Reporting Results
- Correlated Quantities, Monte Carlo Simulation
- Decisions and Conformity with Specifications
- Who should attend?
This course is designed for individuals already managing and/or applying uncertainty within their organisations who require greater awareness of measurement uncertainties and calculation of uncertainty budgets in a practical setting.
This could include:
- Technical Managers who manage and evaluate uncertainty
- Technical team members who are part of the evaluation and estimation process
- Practitioners of uncertainty budgets looking to develop their skills and understanding
UKAS also offers an introductory course designed for individuals requiring a fundamental understanding of the principles and concepts of MU. See ‘Introduction to Measurement Uncertainty’.
The fees shown in each of the individual programmes are subject to the following discounts for multiple bookings on the same course:
- Second delegate (5% discount)
- Third delegate (8% discount)
- Fourth and subsequent delegates (10% discount)
- Meet the trainers
All UKAS trainers are dedicated professionals with years of practical experience in their specialist areas. Many UKAS trainers have previously worked as Assessment Managers, giving delegates the benefit of their wealth of knowledge.
- John Greenwood
- Neil Robinson
|27/04/2021 - 29/04/2021||Virtual course||£1350 exc VAT|
|20/07/2021 - 22/07/2021||UKAS, Head Office, Staines||£1350 exc VAT|
|26/10/2021 - 28/10/2021||UKAS, Head office, Staines||£1350 exc VAT|
|11/01/2022 - 13/01/2022||Virtual course||£1350 exc VAT|
|22/03/2022 - 24/03/2022||UKAS, Head Office, Staines||£1350 exc VAT|